Saturday, February 26, 2022

Surrounded By Enemies: Pray For Ukraine

 



“The Lord is my light and my salvation;

whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life;
of whom shall I be afraid?
When evildoers assail me
to eat up my flesh,
my adversaries and foes,
it is they who stumble and fall.
Though an army encamp against me,
my heart shall not fear;
though war arise against me,
yet I will be confident.” – (Psalm 27: 1-3 ESV)

What would our first response be if surrounded by hostile forces? King David trusted in his covenant-keeping LORD. Davids’s failures did not keep God from loving him. His gaze was on the beauty and splendor of Yahweh (Psalm 27:4.) The God who makes war cease (Psalm 46:9) also trained his hands for battle (Psalm 144:1.) As Christians, we see that real war is in heavenly realms (Ephesians 6:12.) Hostile unseen forces guide leaders to do evil. The manifestation of spiritual warfare is played-out on earth.

Prayer: Father, deliver the Ukrainian believers from the evil one. LORD, surround them with songs of deliverance (Psalm 37:2.) And even though an army is deployed against them, help them not to fear. Be a shelter in the day of danger and hide them in an inaccessible place. May they experience Your presence in this danger.

In the Name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speaking Truth To Power

  My Thoughts: Speaking truth to power is a phrase I hear often. It reminds me of the various protest movements against governments that dat...