Sunday, January 9, 2022

Guidance: A Note From R.T. Kendall

 



( I posted this several years ago on my old blog. I still think it’s good advice. )

Several months ago I was praying about an important decision I had to make. I was praying for direction in my life so I emailed R.T.Kendall, and he sent this message back to me. I believe this will help someone else who needs guidance.

Do what gives you peace. Here is an acrostic I have preached all over the world:

P – is it providential – does a door open or do you have to break it down?

E – enemy – ask your self ‘what would the devil want me to do?’ – then do the opposite

A – authority – is it biblical?

C – confidence – does it increase or diminish; when I am wholly in God’s will I have a lot of confidence

E – ease – in your heart of hearts what do you feel. To thine owen self be true. God will not lead you to violate your conscience.

For this acrostic to work you must have ALL FIVE cohering; if so, it is fairly safe to proceed; if not, be careful.

Biblical basis for this: Romans 14:19.

God bless you.

RTK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speaking Truth To Power

  My Thoughts: Speaking truth to power is a phrase I hear often. It reminds me of the various protest movements against governments that dat...